Surprisingly enough, travel over the Thanksgiving holiday was a breeze (for me at least).
Not sure we can say the same for Christmas and New Years this year.
And with all the traveling I’ve done in the last couple years, I want to share a few things that I never board a plane without …
Consider it my holiday gift to you.
- Noise cancelling headphones for the crying babies, Italians and Puerto Ricans.
- Sunglasses or a hoodie to put over your face for the person who loves to look out the very bright window (usually me) – but especially for the person who loves to keep the window shade up on a 6am flight cross country (NEVER me) when all you want to do is sleep.
- Your own beverage in a container – that may or may not include alcohol, but that’s besides the point here. There is nothing worse than falling asleep and missing the beverage cart or waking up to your drink in your lap – or on your computer.
- Socks to keep your tootsies warm. If you’re like me, the only close toed shoes I own are sneakers for the gym and my leather boots in the winter – which aren’t quite travel-esque to me. Most planes tend to get a bit chilly and your feet are one of the extremities from which you lose the most heat.
- Tylenol – if you’re returning from vacation, you’re probably going to need this once that altitude gets ya. You may even go a step further with the PM version.
- Hand sanitizer is crucial to keep all the germies off of you – everything you touch is infested with only God knows what from God knows who. The last thing you need is to be sick on your vacation. Or have to take an extra day when you get back.
- Cigarette outlet charger/wall converter to charge your appliances. Many airplanes (Thanks @AmericanAir!) now have outlets for both of these to stay alive during long flights.
- Nippets – How man can you fit into that quart size bag anyway?
- Mini Super Squirter – hey, there’s many ways to modify a person’s behavior
- And most importantly…. never miss an opportunity to show your Pats Pride to the entire world – #DoYourJob